Digital Garden by Oleeskild
Official website and Github
An Obsidian plugin that creates a website (or digital garden) from your Obsidian notes. Has many advantages:
- No additional files needed in your vault
- Very few changes needed in your Obsidian files
- Supports many plugins, such as Dataview and Excalidraw!
- Free! (but you should really consider donating )
It has some disadvantages:
- Note titles are always from the filename. I often want to set my titles in the note, because filenames have character restrictions such as no question marks.
- Tags are a bit weird. Clicking a tag takes you to the search window with the tag prepopulated. I'd prefer a tag page! Thankfully, this is very easy to do myself.
- No RSS - this is something I might make myself
- The page templates have poor web performance. Their PageSpeed Insights score is just 37/100 as a result of enormous CSS and JS files.
- Setting up the plugin requires a Github repository to be created in an account you control
- A Github Access token will need to be stored in your vault. If you have any Cybersecurity experience you should know this token should be treated with great care.
- Publishing or updating a published note causes the plugin to make a new commit in the repository.